spicy chocolate fudgesicles
With 4th of July only days away, it’s time for a no-bake treat that will satisfy even the most serious chocoholic. Made with creamy coconut milk and sweetened with honey, these non-dairy fudgesicles belong in summer rotation. Warming cinnamon and smoky chipotle chili powder add a little kick and chocolate shell gives each pop a rich finish. Dig in and enjoy!
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- For the fudgesicles, combine coconut milk, honey, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, chipotle chili powder, and salt in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Fill popsicle molds with mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch of space at the top of each mold. Freeze for about an hour, then insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To unmold, let fudgesicles stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from molds and place on a parchment lined baking sheet; freeze for 2 hours.
- For the chocolate shell, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Dip fudgesicles in magic shell and place on baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes, then serve.
Store extra magic shell covered at room temperature up to a month; warm briefly before serving.
- Calories: 280