Nothing says summer like s’mores, and s’mores cookies are the perfect spin on the iconic campfire treat. I transformed another favorite chocolate cookie into soft and chewy graham cookies, flavored with plenty of brown sugar and vanilla. Studded with rich chocolate chunks, every bite is pure bliss (for the most authentic s’mores experience, chop up chocolate bars to fold into the dough and top the cookies).
Topped with mini marshmallows and toasted ever so slightly under the broiler (or with a kitchen torch), there’s no campfire necessary for these incredible cookies. Enjoy!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (8 graham cracker sheets, pulsed to fine crumbs)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- mini marshmallows
- Whisk together graham cracker crumbs, flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets (9 per baking sheet). Top with chocolate, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 8-9 minutes, until cookies are just set. Top with mini marshmallows, pressing gently into chocolate, and return to oven for 2-3 minutes, until edges are set and marshmallows are slightly puffy.
- If desired, briefly toast marshmallows under the broiler (or with a kitchen torch) until golden (watch them closely to avoid burning). Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs is about 8 graham cracker sheets, pulsed to fine crumbs in a food processor. Measure after pulsing.
Keywords: chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallow