Salted White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Soft and buttery salted white chocolate macadamia cookies filled with chunks of sweet white chocolate and golden macadamias are a cookie dream! Featuring a soft brown sugar cookie dough, you’ll love this homemade version of classic white chocolate macadamia cookies. Recipe makes 32 cookies.
Why you’ll love these macadamia cookies:
- Seriously soft and chewy!
- Filled with creamy white chocolate chunks and buttery macadamia nuts
- Flavored with brown sugar, flaky salt, and a splash of dark rum
- One of my favorite cookie recipes!
The Best White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
White Chocolate – Use a high quality white chocolate for these cookies. I love Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bars. For perfect chocolate chunks, use a serrated knife to chop the chocolate.
Macadamia Nuts – Roasted and salted macadamia nuts add mega flavor to these cookies!
Dark Rum and Vanilla – A splash of dark rum and pure vanilla extract add rich flavor to the brown sugar cookie dough.
Flaky Salt – A generous shower of flaky salt is the perfect finish to these cookies (and balances the sweet white chocolate!).
Chill the Dough – Chill this cookie dough for at least 4 hours (or overnight) before baking. The chill time intensifies the flavor and ensures that the cookies don’t overspread.
Make Ahead Macadamia Cookies
These cookies can be made ahead for whenever a cookie craving strikes! Simply scoop the dough out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour, then transfer the dough balls to an airtight container and freeze up to 2 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy, bake cookies directly from the freezer, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
Craving more cookies?
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Brownie Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Did you try this White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie Recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment below!Print
Salted White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hr 40 min (includes chilling)
- Yield: 32 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Soft and buttery salted white chocolate macadamia cookies filled with chunks of sweet white chocolate and golden macadamias! Recipe makes 32 cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp dark rum
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- flaky salt
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, egg yolk, rum, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Top with white chocolate, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, until edges are golden and set. Sprinkle cookies with flaky salt and let cool 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Make Ahead: Scoop the dough out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with white chocolate chunks. Freeze for 1 hour, then transfer the dough balls to an airtight container and freeze up to 2 months. Bake cookies directly from the freezer, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: White Chocolate, Macadamia, Sea Salt, Macadamia Cookies
These are now my favourite cookie recipe!! I made them earlier this week and everyone I shared them with have raved about how good they are!!I got impatient and cooked them after only 2 hrs in fridge.. I cooked in two batches and the 2nd batch accidentally got cooked at 210•C (410•F) thank god I checked them after 10 mins.. they were crunchy but actually turned out to be my favourite ❤️❤️❤️
Thanks so much, Courtney! 🙂
I made these cookies the other day and let them set over night. They are really, really tasty! I was out of light brown sugar and used dark brown and they were still amazing. Loved the idea of adding rum and salt. What a great twist! They were buttery and chewy – so delightful!
So happy to hear that, thank you Shannon! 🙂
I’m excited to try this recipe! I just wanted to ask how long they keep? And also, if they freeze well.
Thanks Jeanie! These cookies keep 4-5 days in an airtight container. They also freeze very well (I love stocking the freezer with homemade cookies). 🙂 Happy baking!
Homemade cookies are always better than store bought! These salted white chocolate macadamia cookies look fabulous!
This cookie recipe looks and sound delicious. I must notify my sister about it, because she is a lover of both white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
I have one question though. I do not like rum, at all. I don’t have any on hand, never use/consume it. Is there anything you would suggest as a substitute? Or should I just delete it?
Hi Shirley, thank you! You can omit the rum entirely, and increase the vanilla extract to 2 teaspoons. Hope that helps! 🙂
Thank you for your quick reply.
These look so decadent! Must save the recipe for when I finish my no sugar diet!
I’m not huge into white chocolate either, but it’s perfect for this recipe!
Now you’ve got me in the mood for cookies, Laura! Sometimes I find white chocolate to be too sweet….but I bet it’s perfect in your brown sugar cookie dough. They look awesome!
Huge cookie fan here. Loving these gorgeous white choc mac cookies!
Cookies with rum are always the BEST ones!!
Oh my – you had me at “salted” then you added the macadamia and white chocolate – this is a dream cookie!!!! Hope you are doing well!
White chocolate and macadamia nuts are always a perfect pair!
I am wholeheartedly a dark chocolate girl but you may have convinced me to try these – they look delicious!