raspberry pecan linzer cookies
I’ve been smitten with linzer cookies for years – the signature window effect revealing a brilliant sparkle of jam captivates me every season. These raspberry pecan linzer cookies are a holiday baking dream!
Flavored with rich pecans and pure vanilla, the tender and buttery cut-out cookies make an ideal pairing to sweet raspberry preserves. Sandwiched together and dusted with snowy powdered sugar, the scrumptious cookies are delicious down to the last crumb.
Here’s my pro tip for sandwich cookies – pipe your filling into the center of the rounds for effortless cookie assembly! Hope you enjoy these classic holiday cookies as much as I do!
Dusted with snowy powdered sugar and filled with jam, raspberry pecan linzer cookies are perfect for the holidays!
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Combine sugar and pecans in a food processor and pulse together until finely ground, about 30 seconds.
- Combine pecan-sugar, melted butter, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute, until well combined. Beat in egg yolks. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture just until incorporated and dough comes together in large pieces. Divide dough in half and scrape out onto two pieces of plastic wrap. Shape dough into disks and wrap well. Chill until firm, about 1 – 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Roll out one disk of dough to just shy of 1/4-inch thick on a floured board, rotating dough frequently to keep from sticking (if dough is too cold to roll easily, let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes). Use a floured 2-inch round fluted cookie cutter to cut out rounds. Gather scraps, re-roll, and cut until you have 20 rounds. Repeat with remaining disk of dough and use a floured 1-inch round cutter (or snowflake cutter) to remove centers from 20 rounds. Place rounds on baking sheets and chill for 15 minutes.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden and edges are set. Cool cookies for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place raspberry preserves in a small bowl and microwave briefly (about 10 seconds); whisk to loosen. Turn over whole cookies and pipe about 2 teaspoons raspberry preserves in the center of each cookie (or use an offset spatula). Dust cutout cookies with powdered sugar and sandwich cookies together. Store cookies in a single layer in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Raspberry, Pecan, Linzer Cookies, Holiday Cookies