Treat your love (or yourself!) to pretty raspberry chocolate cream napoleons for Valentine’s Day. Made with store-bought frozen puff pastry and an easy chocolate-mascarpone cream, these layered napoleons are a lovely take on the classic French dessert.
With layers of flaky and golden puff pastry, luscious chocolate cream, and sweet raspberries, these impressive yet simple treats make the perfect edible Valentine.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured board and roll out into a 10-inch square. Use a sharp knife to cut the square in half; cut each half into 6 rectangles (for a total of 12 rectangles). Place rectangles on an unlined baking sheet, and top with a second baking sheet to keep rectangles flat. Bake for 30 to 32 minutes, until pastry is golden. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with sugar, and let cool completely.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Let chocolate cool for five minutes. Add mascarpone to chocolate 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add milk, and stir until combined. Transfer chocolate mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large tip (I used 4B).
- To assemble napoleons, pipe chocolate cream onto each pastry rectangle and top with a few raspberries (if berries are large, slice in half first). Carefully stack one rectangle on top of a second rectangle, and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Food Network Magazine Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook
- Calories: 395
- Carbohydrates: 32
Keywords: Raspberry, Chocolate, Puff Pastry