raspberry almond crumb muffins
The very best way to breakfast is with a platter of freshly baked raspberry almond crumb muffins! Golden, buttery, and dotted with pockets of sweet-tart raspberries, these muffins are utterly blissful.
With an irresistible brown sugar-almond crumb topping, I like to consider these muffins the sweet sister to my blueberry crumb muffins. Best enjoyed slightly warm with a slather of sweet butter and your morning coffee, prepare to bake a batch and indulge in every last crumb!
How to Make Tall, Fluffy Muffin Tops
Muffin tops aren’t always a bad thing! 😉 For tall, fluffy muffin tops, fill the baking cups 3/4 full and sprinkle evenly with crumb topping. Place your muffin pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425°F. This initial burst of heat helps give the muffins a nice lift. After 5 minutes of baking, reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake another 10 to 12 minutes, until set and a tester comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached.
Golden, buttery, and filled with raspberries, these raspberry almond crumb muffins make the best breakfast. You’ll love this easy raspberry muffin recipe!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups; spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray. For the crumb topping, combine sugars, flour, sliced almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl; add melted butter and almond extract, and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside one tablespoon mixture to toss with berries, then make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk, yogurt, melted butter, egg, vanilla, and almond extract in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until almost incorporated. Toss raspberries with reserved flour mixture, and gently fold into the batter.
- Fill each baking cup 3/4 full of batter and sprinkle evenly with crumb topping.
- Place muffin pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425°F. Reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking 10 to 12 minutes (for a total baking time of 15 to 17 minutes), until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool.
Keywords: Raspberry, Almond, Crumb Muffins, Muffins, Breakfast