Peppermint Mocha Fudge
Homemade fudge is such a festive and beautiful treat for holiday gifting and gatherings! Flavored with a touch of instant espresso and peppermint extract, this peppermint mocha fudge comes together in minutes, making it easy to indulge in again and again.
Sprinkled with sparkling crushed candy canes, each square is deliciously smooth and creamy, with the rich flavors of the holidays.
How to Make Peppermint Mocha Fudge
Chocolate – Use high quality semisweet chocolate bars (now is not the time for chocolate chips or the microwave!). My favorite semisweet chocolate baking bars are from Ghirardelli.
5 Secrets to Baking Decadent Chocolate Desserts
Prep ahead – Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and assemble all of the ingredients before you begin.
Use a double boiler – Slowly and evenly melt the chocolate over a double boiler for perfect fudge, every time! If you don’t have a double boiler, you can create your own – place a metal or heat-proof bowl over a smaller saucepan of simmering water. The gentle heat from the steam will gradually melt the chocolate (do not allow the bowl to come in direct contact with the simmering water).
Chill to set – Pour fudge into prepared pan and tap the pan sharply for one minute to help any air bubbles escape. Smooth top with an offset spatula and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill fudge in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
Cut into squares – Once the fudge has chilled, lift parchment to remove fudge from pan and place on a cutting board. Run a sharp knife under hot water and wipe dry; trim any ragged edges. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts, and cut fudge into 24 squares. Enjoy!Print
Peppermint Mocha Fudge
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hr 20 min (includes chilling)
- Yield: 24 pieces
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Filled with the rich flavors of the holidays, this simple and delicious homemade peppermint mocha fudge makes a festive holiday treat!
- 1 pound (16 oz/452 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/397grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant espresso, dissolved in 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine chopped chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in dissolved instant espresso, peppermint extract, and vanilla.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan, tapping pan sharply for a minute to help air bubbles escape. Smooth top with an offset spatula and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill fudge in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Lift parchment to remove fudge from pan and place on a cutting board. Run a sharp knife under hot water and wipe dry; trim any ragged edges. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts, and cut fudge into 24 squares. Store fudge in a single layer in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Instant espresso: I recommend Starbucks VIA
Keywords: Chocolate, Peppermint, Fudge, Holiday
More chocolate peppermint recipes to try:
Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Peppermint Brownie Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
I made this yesterday and enjoying a piece with my coffee this morning! So easy to make and the taste and texture are both 😋😍🥰
Thank you so much, Sue! And that sounds like the best breakfast! 🙂
Oh Laura I love the sound of this recipe. Wow. It’s my favorite holiday treat in fudge. 😍
Would you kindly share what chocolate you used? Would you recommend one of those fat baking blocks of high quality chocolate that you chop off what you need? Any guidance would be appreciated 🙂
Hi Emily, I recommend Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars (they come in 4 oz bars). Hope that helps!
Such a perfect treat for the holidays and loving the mocha flavours with the peppermint!
Saving it to making during the holidays!!
Love the added espresso in your recipe Laura! This is so perfect for holiday gifting this season!
I can’t believe that it’s so close to Christmas! It looks fantastic Laura 😀
These are the perfect fudgy squares, Laura!!! I think I found a new treat to make for the neighbors!
When I think of fudge, I always think of Christmas. Yours would be at the top of my list to have during the holidays.
Move over peppermint bark! This fudge looks amazing!!!
I adore the chocolate peppermint combo! A fab holiday candy!
YES to all of this Laura! Love that flavor combination too… these would make perfect foodie gifts and I know they’d be a hit with Santa!
Perfect chocolate treat recipe for Christmas made easy! It just doesn’t seem like the holidays without homemade fudge to share. Love this festive peppermint twist on the classic, Laura! Pinning!
Thanks so much, Stacy! 🙂