peppermint brownie bites
Nothing says winter wonderland quite like chocolate with peppermint, especially peppermint brownie bites. Decked out like miniature gifts, the fudgy brownie squares are dipped in peppermint-spiked chocolate and topped with glittering shards of peppermint candy canes.
If you are on a time crunch (because who isn’t?), feel free to substitute box brownie mix. However, I assure you these from-scratch brownies take exactly 10 minutes flat to pop in the oven, and there’s a very strong possibility you have all the ingredients in your pantry. Let the brownies cool, cut into bite-size squares, and dip away for an instant party hit!
Peppermint brownie bites dipped in chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and use a piece of wax paper coated with nonstick spray to press the batter evenly into the pan. Gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 23 to 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. Carefully lift parchment and place bars on a cutting board; use a sharp knife to trim away raised edges, then cut into 25 squares.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place semisweet chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- Dip tops of brownie bites in melted chocolate; place on baking sheet and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, until set. Store leftover bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrates: 19
Keywords: Peppermint, Chocolate, Brownies, Brownie Bites