This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Peppermint brownie bites dipped in chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes make the perfect holiday treat. These easy homemade brownie bites are festive and delicious! Recipe makes 25 mini brownies.
Nothing says winter wonderland quite like chocolate with peppermint, especially peppermint brownie bites. Decked out like miniature gifts, the fudgy brownie squares are dipped in peppermint-spiked chocolate and topped with glittering shards of peppermint candy canes.
If you are on a time crunch (because who isn’t?), feel free to substitute box brownie mix. However, I assure you these from-scratch brownies take exactly 10 minutes flat to pop in the oven, and there’s a very strong possibility you have all the ingredients in your pantry.
Let the brownies cool, cut into bite-size squares, and dip into chocolate for an instant holiday party hit!
More festive chocolate peppermint desserts:
- Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
- Peppermint Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Peppermint brownie bites dipped in chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and use a piece of wax paper coated with nonstick spray to press the batter evenly into the pan. Gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 23 to 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. Carefully lift parchment and place bars on a cutting board; use a sharp knife to trim away raised edges, then cut into 25 squares.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place semisweet chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- Dip tops of brownie bites in melted chocolate; place on baking sheet and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, until set. Store leftover bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator.