- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugar and salt and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour; beat just until incorporated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray two 12-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick spray. Form one-inch balls of dough and place each ball in a muffin cup; use lightly floured hands to press dough into the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- For the filling, whisk together melted butter, egg, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon 1 slightly rounded teaspoon of filling into each cup. Bake for 23 minutes, or until filling is puffed and pastry is golden. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Transfer chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle over tassies; let set before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 155
Keywords: Pecan, Brown Sugar, Tassies, Mini Tarts