This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
What is your favorite part of pecan pie? The buttery crust, crunchy pecans, brown sugar filling? These pecan tassies (mini tarts) have it all in one bite, with none of the stress of pie!
Your guests (and you!) will love these rich cookie bites with brown sugar-pecan filling and chocolate drizzle. Best of all, prep is a breeze – simply press the chilled pastry into a mini muffin tin, top with spoonfuls of filling, and bake. Fill your holiday platter with tassies and cranberry pecan crumb bars; Thanksgiving dessert has never been easier!
- Yield: 24 tassies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugar and salt and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour; beat just until incorporated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray two 12-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick spray. Form one-inch balls of dough and place each ball in a muffin cup; use lightly floured hands to press dough into the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- For the filling, whisk together melted butter, egg, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon 1 slightly rounded teaspoon of filling into each cup. Bake for 23 minutes, or until filling is puffed and pastry is golden. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Transfer chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle over tassies; let set before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 155
Keywords: Pecan, Brown Sugar, Tassies, Mini Tarts
Perfect pecan recipes:
Maple Pecan Tart
Bourbon Pecan Toffee Blondies
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Oh god these look delicious. I would make the recipe but I am definitely sure they would get devoured (dangerously) too quick!
My mom used to make these every year for Christmas, and silly picky kid that I was…I don’t think I ever tried one. Now I live too far away to go home for Christmas, so it looks like I’ll have to make my own! Beautiful photos. Thanks so much for sharing!
I seriously love pecans and these look amazing! I’ve never heard of the word “tassies” before. 🙂
I can’t believe I missed these! They look divine and I love the little bites!
I love those cookies and yours look simply fabulous!
My favorite pecan pie recipes have a touch of chocolate, so these are right up my alley!