Pecan tassies are simple and delicious mini pecan tarts! With a press-in crust and brown sugar-pecan filling, you’ll love these easy bites for the holidays. Drizzle with chocolate and enjoy! Recipe yields 24 tassies.
What is your favorite part of homemade pecan pie? The buttery crust, crunchy pecans, brown sugar filling? These pecan tassies (mini tarts) have it all in one bite, with none of the stress of pie!
Your guests (and you!) will love these rich cookie bites with brown sugar-pecan filling and chocolate drizzle.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
Best of all, prep is a breeze – simply press the chilled pastry into a mini muffin tin, top with spoonfuls of filling, and bake. Fill your holiday platter with tassies and cranberry crumb bars; Thanksgiving dessert has never been easier!
Perfect pecan recipes:Print
Pecan tassies are simple and delicious mini pecan tarts! With a press-in crust and brown sugar-pecan filling, you’ll love these bites for the holidays. Drizzle with chocolate and enjoy! Recipe yields 24 tassies.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugar and salt and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour; beat just until incorporated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray two 12-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick spray. Form one-inch balls of dough and place each ball in a muffin cup; use lightly floured hands to press dough into the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- For the filling, whisk together melted butter, egg, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon 1 slightly rounded teaspoon of filling into each cup.
- Bake tassies for 23 to 24 minutes, or until filling is puffed and pastry is golden. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Transfer chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle over tassies; let set before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Pecan, Brown Sugar, Tassies, Mini Tarts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.