- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat melted butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth; beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour and salt, beating until just combined. Stir in chopped mini peanut butter cups.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper coated with nonstick spray to press batter evenly into pan. Top with halved mini peanut butter cups, pressing gently into the batter.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes, until golden and set in the middle, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Cup, Blondies, Bars