Peach Pecan Crumble Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Nothing says summer like a glorious peach pie! With a flaky, all-butter crust and golden brown sugar-pecan crumble topping, this bright and flavorful pie is peach bliss.
Chopped pecans and a shower of cinnamon are slight a nod to the cozier fall days ahead, making this pie perfect for late summer days. Served up warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream, this is one pie to bake before the season slips away.Print
Peach Pecan Crumble Pie
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: One 9-inch pie, 10 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
With a flaky, all-butter crust and golden crumble topping, this peach pecan crumble pie is perfect for summer!
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1–2 Tbsp vodka
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp arrowroot starch (or 4 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1 Tbsp peach liqueur (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare dough: Grate 1/4 cup butter into a small bowl; cut remaining 1/4 cup butter into small cubes and place in a second bowl; chill bowls in freezer for 15 minutes. Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; place bowl in freezer to chill for 15 minutes. Chill buttermilk and vodka in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cubed butter over chilled flour mixture and toss with a spatula to coat. Use a pastry blender to cut in butter until the biggest pieces are the size of peas; fold in grated butter. Drizzle buttermilk over flour mixture; use a spatula to gather dough together until it forms large clumps. If needed, add vodka 1 tablespoon at a time, then gently knead just to form a ball. Wrap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze 1 to 2 months).
- Prepare crumble topping: Combine oats, pecans, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until large crumbs form. Chill until ready to use.
- Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is a 12 to 13-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board. Transfer dough to a 9-inch pie pan (see note below); trim overhang to one inch and crimp edges. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes. Place a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil in the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Prepare filling: Whisk together sugar, arrowroot starch, and salt in a large bowl. Add peaches, peach liqueur, and lemon juice to sugar mixture and toss together just until combined. Immediately spoon filling into chilled bottom crust and sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Bake pie: Place pie on preheated baking sheet and bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until golden and filling is bubbling. Cool pie on a wire rack for at least 4 hours before serving (filling thickens as it cools).
Pie pan: I used a 9 x 1.5″ pie pan. Arrowroot starch is a natural thickener and creates a smooth, shiny sauce. Available online or in the natural foods section.
Keywords: Peach, Peach Pie, Crumble Pie
Vodka in crust! Wow that is so interesting. You got me super curious 🙂
Yes, the vodka makes the crust nice and flaky, and helps it stay tender without added moisture. 🙂
Such a beautiful pie! I’m a sucker for anything with peaches, and this looks too good!
WOW, Laura! What an amazing combo! I can’t seem to get enough juicy peaches this summer, so making them into this delicious pie needs to happen SOON!
I’m dreaming of summer fruit right now!! 😀 Love the home made crust and crumble topping!
Such a pretty pie!
Dreaming of summer!
Simply smitten with all these scrumptious peach recipes! I haven’t made peach pie yet this summer, really have a craving after seeing your fab post!
Oh wow, you are genius for adding the pecans, I want this TODAY!
Peach pie is my absolute favourite and you have done it perfectly!
YUP! This pie screams SUMMER and I could not love it more. Gorgeous!
Hands down my favorite summer pie Laura! And of course, yours looks incredibly gorgeous and delicious Laura!
Yes, please! I’ll have mine à la mode! This pie looks amazing, you’ve outdone yourself Laura!!!