- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1–2 Tbsp vodka
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp milk
- For the crust, grate 1/4 cup butter into a small bowl; cut remaining 1/4 cup butter into small cubes and place in a second bowl; chill bowls in freezer for 15 minutes. Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; place bowl in freezer to chill for 15 minutes. Chill buttermilk and vodka in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cubed butter over chilled flour mixture and toss with a spatula to coat. Use a pastry blender to cut in butter until the biggest pieces are the size of peas; fold in grated butter. Drizzle buttermilk over flour mixture; use a spatula to gather dough together until it forms large clumps. If needed, add vodka 1 tablespoon at a time, then gently knead just to form a ball. Wrap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze 1 to 2 months).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is a 12-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet; chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine ricotta and honey in a food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. Use an offset spatula to spread honey-ricotta over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Whisk together sugar and arrowroot starch in a small bowl. Arrange peaches and blueberries over honey-ricotta and sprinkle evenly with the sugar mixture. Fold dough border up over fruit, pleating to make an edge and brush with milk. Bake for 34-36 minutes, until crust is golden and fruit is tender. Let cool for 1 hour before cutting and serving.
Keywords: Peach, Blueberry, Galette