peach blueberry galette
With a flaky all-butter crust and creamy honey-ricotta filling, it’s easy to see why the galette (or crostata) is the dessert of summer. Perfectly imperfect (and easier than pie!), there’s no prettier way to showcase sweet peaches and juicy blueberries than in a beautiful peach blueberry galette!
Whether you enjoy this peach blueberry galette drizzled with honey at breakfast or topped with scoops of vanilla ice cream for dessert, you’ll find it simple, satisfying, and oh so delicious.
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1–2 Tbsp vodka
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp milk
- For the crust, grate 1/4 cup butter into a small bowl; cut remaining 1/4 cup butter into small cubes and place in a second bowl; chill bowls in freezer for 15 minutes. Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; place bowl in freezer to chill for 15 minutes. Chill buttermilk and vodka in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cubed butter over chilled flour mixture and toss with a spatula to coat. Use a pastry blender to cut in butter until the biggest pieces are the size of peas; fold in grated butter. Drizzle buttermilk over flour mixture; use a spatula to gather dough together until it forms large clumps. If needed, add vodka 1 tablespoon at a time, then gently knead just to form a ball. Wrap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze 1 to 2 months).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is a 12-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet; chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine ricotta and honey in a food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. Use an offset spatula to spread honey-ricotta over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Whisk together sugar and arrowroot starch in a small bowl. Arrange peaches and blueberries over honey-ricotta and sprinkle evenly with the sugar mixture. Fold dough border up over fruit, pleating to make an edge and brush with milk. Bake for 34-36 minutes, until crust is golden and fruit is tender. Let cool for 1 hour before cutting and serving.
Keywords: Peach, Blueberry, Galette