orange pecan bread
Orange pecan bread makes the perfect breakfast for citrus season!
I’m starting off the week on a sweet note with orange pecan bread. Fragrant with orange zest and studded with pecans, this tender and golden loaf makes the perfect breakfast (or afternoon pick-me-up) during winter citrus season.
Bright and inviting, the bread is drizzled with sweet orange glaze and topped with toasted pecans for an irresistible finish. One last perk: this is a two-bowl recipe, no mixer required!
Flavored with orange zest, studded with pecans, and drizzled with sweet glaze, this orange pecan bread makes the perfect breakfast for citrus season.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- chopped pecans (topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk, egg, coconut oil, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost combined. Fold in pecans.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 40 to 44 minutes, until bread is golden, springs back to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully remove bread from pan and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, orange zest and juice, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over bread and sprinkle with chopped pecans; let set before serving.
Keywords: Orange, Pecan, Bread, Quick Bread, Breakfast