orange honey lavender shortbread cookies
Flavored with the heavenly aroma of orange zest and lavender, these buttery orange honey lavender shortbread cookies are a sophisticated take on the shortbread cookie! In this recipe, floral lavender and aromatic orange infuse the butter and sugar for instant visions of sun-filled lavender fields in Provence.
Brushed with a honey glaze and sprinkled with sugar, these cookies are equally lovely alone or paired with a scoop of peach sorbet or honey gelato on a warm summer night.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp dried culinary lavender
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Combine sugar, orange zest, and lavender in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute until lavender is finely chopped. Beat butter, orange-lavender sugar, and salt in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until combined. Scrape down bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low and mix in flour just until incorporated and dough begins to come together in large pieces. Scrape dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap, shape into a disk and wrap well. Chill dough in the refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured board. Use a floured 2-inch fluted biscuit cutter to cut out cookies. Gather scraps, re-roll, and cut until you have a total of 24 cookies. Place cookies on baking sheets, and chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Warm honey briefly (about 10 seconds in the microwave) and brush over cookies. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 14 to 16 minutes, until golden and tops and edges are set. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Calories: 115
- Carbohydrates: 18
Keywords: Orange, Honey, Lavender, Shortbread