- 2 cups (280 g) flour, divided
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Star PLATINUM Yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (180 g) buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- sea salt
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixer bowl; mix on low speed until incorporated. Heat buttermilk in a microwave-safe measuring cup for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until very warm (120-130°F). Add warm buttermilk and butter to flour mixture and mix until combined; mix in remaining cup of flour.
- Switch out the flat beater for a dough hook, and knead dough for 5 minutes until smooth. Place dough in a medium bowl coated with cooking spray and cover with plastic. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 20 minutes. Spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and turn out dough onto a lightly floured board. Shape dough into a ball and use a sharp knife to cut into 12 equal portions.
- Use lightly floured hands to roll each piece into a ball, gently stretching the dough over itself and pinching together at the bottom. Place rolls in square baking dish, cover with plastic, and let rise for 20 minutes. While rolls rise, preheat oven to 400°F. Use a pastry brush to gently brush rolls with 1/2 tablespoon melted butter. Bake for 14 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and immediately brush rolls with remaining butter and sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Calories: 100