oatmeal apricot cookies
Lightly golden and chewy, these oatmeal apricot cookies are a definite contender for the title of best-ever oatmeal cookie! Brown sugar and vanilla perfume a fluffy dough which holds together chopped dried apricots and rolled oats. These cookies taste amazing straight out of the oven, and the flavor intensifies over the next few days.
Soft and chewy oatmeal apricot cookies!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, blending with a whisk. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beating to combine. Add the flour mixture, and mix just until incorporated. Stir in apricots.
- Lightly flour hands and roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Keywords: Oatmeal, Apricot, Oatmeal Cookies, Cookies