Nutella thumbprint cookies make the best holiday cookie! You’ll love these easy chocolate thumbprint cookies filled with Nutella!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Beat butter, sugar, and salt in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Whisk together flour, cocoa, and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture just until incorporated and dough comes together in large pieces (scrape down bowl as needed).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and place sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets and make an indentation in the center of each one with the back of a 1/2 teaspoon. Chill thumbprints for 45 minutes. While dough chills, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Rotate baking sheets and return to the oven, baking another 4 to 5 minutes, or set. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheets.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave in 10-second bursts, stirring until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies, then let set.
- Spoon or pipe Nutella in the center of each cookie. Store thumbprints in a single layer at room temperature.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Make Ahead: Roll dough into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar, and place on baking sheets. Make an indentation in the center of each one with the back of a 1/2 teaspoon. Freeze flat for 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight container in the freeze for up to 2 months. Bake directly from the freezer, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
Keywords: Nutella, Chocolate, Hazelnut, Thumbprint Cookies, Holiday Cookies