This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Nutella swirl loaf cake is currently at the top of my baking list, and in just over an hour, this very loaf cake can make an appearance in your kitchen! You’ll love this Nutella cake recipe because it’s soft and buttery, with the most beautiful golden crumb.
The secret to the perfect loaf cake? A combination of Greek yogurt and buttermilk transform a basic loaf cake into a plush and golden cake with plenty of rich vanilla flavor.
Featuring a Nutella swirl and silky swoops of Nutella fudge frosting, this easy loaf cake is perfect for any occasion. If you’re feeling extra, add a sprinkle of sea salt or festive sprinkles to the top of the cake. Or keep things simple, classic, and so delicious!
If you’d like a layer cake version, I’ve created this Nutella swirl layer cake recipe for you!Print
A simple and delicious Nutella swirl loaf cake featuring swirls of Nutella fudge frosting! This easy recipe is perfect for any occasion!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan generously with nonstick spray; dust pan lightly with flour.
- For the cake, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine yogurt and buttermilk in a small bowl. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture, beating just to combine. Add yogurt mixture, then finish with remaining flour mixture.
- Spoon half the batter into prepared baking pan and smooth with an offset spatula; tap pan sharply. Dollop spoonfuls of Nutella over the batter, gently swirling with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Spoon remaining batter into pan and smooth with an offset spatula; tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 48 to 52 minutes, until edges are golden, cake springs back to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For the frosting, combine butter, Nutella, and salt in a mixer bowl; beat on medium-high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low and mix in powdered sugar and heavy cream until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 1 to 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Use an offset spatula to spread frosting over cake. Chill for 30 minutes to set frosting before slicing and serving.
Layer cake version: Nutella Swirl Layer Cake
Keywords: Nutella, Loaf Cake, Cake, Nutella Cake