The BEST Nutella swirl banana bread! Super moist and topped with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy Nutella banana bread.
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) flour
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240 g) mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup (170 g) plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg (50 g), lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 2 tsp (8 g) vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp (110 g) Nutella, divided
- 2 Tbsp (24 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray parchment paper lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine mashed banana, yogurt, melted butter, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until combined.
- Place Nutella in a small bowl and microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, stirring until smooth.
- Scrape half the batter batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Drop spoonfuls of Nutella over the batter. Tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles. Repeat with remaining batter and Nutella. Use a toothpick or wooden skewer to gently swirl the batter. Tap pan again sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until bread is golden and springs back to the touch (if desired, tent with foil after 35 minutes of baking time to prevent over-browning). Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. While the bread is cooling, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Carefully lift bread from pan and cool completely. Serve banana bread with butter or mascarpone and Nutella.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Banana, Banana Bread, Quick Bread, Nutella