Nutella stuffed chocolate cookies are the BEST cookies! Perfectly soft and chewy, these rich dark chocolate cookies are a must bake! Recipe makes 24 cookies.
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place Nutella in a piping bag and pipe 24 dollops (approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons each) onto prepared baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- For the cookies, whisk together flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bow. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2-inch) coated with nonstick spray to scoop 24 balls of cookie dough. Place on prepared baking sheets and make an indentation in each ball of dough. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Use an offset spatula to place a frozen dollop of Nutella in each dough ball. With gloved hands, pinch and roll the dough to seal it around the Nutella. Place filled dough balls back onto baking sheets and and cover with plastic wrap, then chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place sugar in a shallow bowl and roll dough balls generously in sugar to coat.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 13 to 14 minutes, until cracked and edges are set. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Make Ahead: Fill cookie dough with Nutella, roll into balls, and freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour. Transfer to an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Just before baking, roll the cookie dough in granulated sugar and bake as directed, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
Keywords: Nutella, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Cookies