Nutella stuffed chocolate cookies are next level cookies! Perfectly soft and chewy, these rich dark chocolate cookies filled with spoonfuls of Nutella are a must bake. Recipe makes 24 cookies.
Rolled in sugar and baked until puffed, these cookies crackle beautifully while baking. Rich and fudgy, with gooey Nutella centers, the chocolate hazelnut spread makes everything better, including cookies!
Love baking with Nutella? Find more inspiration in my collection of Nutella recipe ideas!
How to Bake the MOST Decadent Chocolate Desserts
How to Make Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Nutella – Pipe dollops of Nutella onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
Cookie Dough – Dark chocolate cookie dough filled with semisweet chocolate chips makes the perfect base for these cookies! Make the cookie dough, then use a cookie scoop coated with nonstick spray to scoop balls of cookie dough. Transfer dough balls to parchment-lined baking sheets and make an indentation in each one. Chill for 20 minutes.
Fill Cookies – Use an offset metal spatula to place a frozen dollop of Nutella in each dough ball. With gloved hands (I use food prep gloves), pinch and roll the dough to seal it around the Nutella.
Chill – These cookies must chill before baking to prevent over-spreading. Place filled dough balls onto baking sheets, cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight.
Roll – Just before baking, roll the cookie dough generously in granulated sugar to coat.
Bake – Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 13 to 14 minutes, until cookie tops are cracked and edges are set. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make Ahead Cookies
If you’d like to make the dough in advance, simply fill with Nutella, roll into balls and freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour. Transfer to an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Just before baking, roll the cookie dough in granulated sugar and bake as directed, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
More homemade cookie recipes to try:
- Salted Brownie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Cookies
- Salted White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Did you try these Nutella Stuffed Cookies? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating below!Print
Nutella stuffed chocolate cookies are the BEST cookies! Perfectly soft and chewy, these rich dark chocolate cookies are a must bake! Recipe makes 24 cookies.
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place Nutella in a piping bag and pipe 24 dollops (approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons each) onto prepared baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- For the cookies, whisk together flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bow. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2-inch) coated with nonstick spray to scoop 24 balls of cookie dough. Place on prepared baking sheets and make an indentation in each ball of dough. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Use an offset spatula to place a frozen dollop of Nutella in each dough ball. With gloved hands, pinch and roll the dough to seal it around the Nutella. Place filled dough balls back onto baking sheets and and cover with plastic wrap, then chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place sugar in a shallow bowl and roll dough balls generously in sugar to coat.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 13 to 14 minutes, until cracked and edges are set. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Make Ahead: Fill cookie dough with Nutella, roll into balls, and freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour. Transfer to an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Just before baking, roll the cookie dough in granulated sugar and bake as directed, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time.
Keywords: Nutella, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.