- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- flaky salt
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Combine peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla and cereal until combined. Scrape mixture into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press evenly into pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Pour melted chocolate over bars and smooth with an offset spatula; let set 15 minutes in the refrigerator, then top with flaky sea salt.
- Chill bars for at least two hours in the refrigerator to set. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. Lift foil to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife. Store leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight or wrap well and freeze.
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrates: 25
Keywords: Chocolate, Peanut Butter