No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
No bake chocolate peanut butter bars sweetened with maple syrup and topped with semisweet chocolate are the perfect anytime treat! Maple syrup sweetens the gluten-free peanut butter squares, and puffed rice adds an addictive crisp texture. Recipe makes 16 bars.
Topped with a layer of semisweet chocolate and sprinkled with flaky salt, each bar tastes like a candy bar (albeit a bit healthier!).
Better still, these bars come together in less than ten minutes (and only require a single pan, plus a bowl to melt the chocolate). Dangerously delicious, stash the batch in the freezer to satisfy your late night chocolate cravings or enjoy as the perfect post workout treat.Print
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes (plus chilling)
- Yield: 16 bars
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
No bake chocolate peanut butter bars sweetened with maple syrup and topped with semisweet chocolate are the perfect anytime treat!
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- flaky salt
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla and cereal until combined. Scrape mixture into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press evenly into pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Pour melted chocolate over bars and smooth with an offset spatula; let set 15 minutes in the refrigerator, then top with flaky sea salt.
- Chill bars for at least two hours in the refrigerator to set. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. Lift foil to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Store leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight or wrap well and freeze.
Keywords: Chocolate, Peanut Butter
Grab n Go heaven! Delicious Laura!
There are so many things I like about these bars–no bake, chocolate, peanut butter, gluten free (for my Celiac friend) and the puffed rice. These bars are a must-make this summer!
Nothing but a giant YES from me! I love peanut butter and when it’s combined with chocolate there’s nothing better!
I know my whole family would love these bars! Esp the kiddos! I love the last shot with the milk bottle 🙂
Thank you dear!! <3
Late night chocolate cravings happen! When that peanut butter craving hits simultaneously, this is the perfect snack treat. Gorgeous photography here, Laura, as always. Thanks for sharing!
These have my name all over them. Literally, I would LOVE and devour these. Too good.
I could live off these! PB = protein, Cereal = fortified with vitamins, minerals, Maple =plant/veggie, right??? One of my favorite treats with a lovely twist!
Ooh these look just amazing! I cannot wait to try them. I love that they are a slightly healthier alternative! xx
OMG yes! I used to love rice krispy treats, but these look even better! And they’re healthier! SCORE!
Everything you make always sounds so wonderful!
No bake? Chocolate & peanut butter bars?! SIGN ME UP!
GENIUS, absolute genius! Who would want to bake when they could have this heaven?
It’s mega summer here so give me these no bake anyday!!!