Rich and creamy homemade mocha almond fudge ice cream studded with roasted almonds and chopped chocolate. Recipe yield 6 cups.
Mocha almond fudge ice cream was always a family favorite during childhood jaunts to the ice cream store, but we all know homemade is infinitely better.
Crunchy roasted almonds and slivers of semisweet chocolate accentuate the deep mocha flavor making these scoops a dream for all coffee, chocolate, and ice cream lovers!
How to Bake the MOST Decadent Chocolate Desserts
Rich and creamy homemade mocha almond fudge ice cream studded with roasted almonds and chopped chocolate.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 cups half-and-half, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp dark cocoa
- 1/2 Tbsp instant espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vodka
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds, finely chopped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup half-and-half in a small bowl; set aside. Combine remaining half-and-half, sugar, cocoas, instant espresso, vanilla, salt, and vodka in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisking to dissolve cocoa. Whisk in reserved cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook until mixture resembles a thick milk shake.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, then cover and chill for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Pour chilled ice cream mixture into frozen cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Add almonds and chocolate in the final minute of freezing. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer until firm.
For the instant espresso, I used one pack of Starbucks VIA Italian Roast. The vodka prevents the ice cream from freezing too firmly.
Keywords: Mocha Almond Fudge, Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.