This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Buttery, flaky mini raspberry galettes are the perfect bite of sweetness. All-butter pastry filled with sweet raspberry preserves and berries bakes up flaky and golden for the taste of berry pie in mini form. Sprinkled with sugar and topped with floral cut-outs, these perfectly imperfect mini tarts are lovely for Mother’s Day.
Serve up slightly warm with scoops of vanilla bean ice cream or dollops of honey whipped cream for an irresistible bite!
More delicious raspberry recipes:Print
Mini raspberry galettes are the perfect bite of sweetness. All-butter pastry filled with sweet raspberry preserves and berries bakes up flaky and golden for the taste of berry pie in mini form.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 1/4 cups raspberries
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- For the crust, combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add cubed butter and process for 10 seconds, just until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the food processor running, add 1/4 cup ice water in a steady stream through feed tube. If needed, add additional ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, and process just until dough holds together in large clumps (no more than 30 seconds). Divide dough into two equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place one disc of dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out until dough is about 1/4″ thick (If dough starts to stick, use a floured bench scraper to gently lift dough from board). Use a 4 or 6-inch round cutter to cut out circles of dough. Re-roll scraps once, and use a smaller fluted biscuit cutter to cut out circles for the top. Place rounds on baking sheets and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Repeat with second disc of dough and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place a 1/2 tablespoon of raspberry jam in the center of each large circle. Spread out jam sightly with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, leaving a border. Place 3 or 4 raspberries in the center of the jam. Use a clean offset spatula to fold up the edges of dough, pressing the edges firmly to seal. Chill galettes for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then sprinkle with sugar. Sprinkle smaller rounds of dough with sugar (leave on baking sheets to bake alongside the galettes).
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks for 30 minutes. While the galettes are cooling, top with the small rounds of dough, pressing gently to adhere. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature; warm in a low oven before serving.
Recipe yield will vary based on the size of the fluted cutter you use. A 4-inch round cutter will yield 14 mini galettes; a 5 or 6-inch round cutter will yield 10-12 mini galettes.
Keywords: Raspberry, Raspberry Galette, Mini Galettes