Flecked with bright Meyer lemon zest and dotted with poppy seeds, these Meyer lemon poppy seed biscotti are what I reach for when I’m craving an addictive crunch. I usually find myself in that situation around 3:00 every afternoon, when a little snack is needed to offset the vat of coffee (ok, cup) I’ve inhaled.
Equally good with tea, the citrus adds nice floral notes to the cookies. For another variation, swap the poppy seeds with a half cup chopped almonds.Print
Meyer lemon poppy seed biscotti are buttery and delicious! Golden and crisp, these cookies are perfect for dunking in coffee or tea. Recipe makes 24 cookies.
How to Bake the MOST Decadent Chocolate Desserts
- 2 Tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place Meyer lemon zest and sugar in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute.
- Combine lemon-sugar, butter, Amaretto, lemon juice, vanilla, and poppy seeds in a large bowl, stirring until smooth. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt just until incorporated; cover dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using moistened hands, shape dough into 2 (10-by-4-inch) loaves on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until pale golden. Transfer loaves to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut loaves into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheet; bake 9 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 9 minutes more or until golden. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Store biscotti in an airtight container to keep them crisp, placing parchment paper between the layers. Biscotti can also be wrapped well and frozen for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Lemon, Meyer Lemon, Biscotti, Cookie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.