Sweet and tangy homemade Meyer lemon ice cream is the best frozen treat! Light and lusciously creamy, this is the perfect recipe for citrus season. Recipe yields 3 cups.
Made with fresh Meyer lemon zest and juice, this homemade lemon ice cream is perfectly sweet and creamy.
A splash of limoncello (Italian lemon liqueur) further intensifies the flavor and ensures a perfectly scoopable texture. There’s never been a better time for a scoop (or two!).
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
More Meyer lemon recipes you’ll love:Print
Sweet and tangy homemade Meyer lemon ice cream is the best frozen treat! Light and lusciously creamy, this is the perfect recipe for citrus season.
- 1 Tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp limoncello
- 1 or 2 drops yellow gel food coloring (optional)
- Place Meyer lemon zest and sugar in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute; add Meyer lemon juice and process until blended. Pour mixture into a medium nonreactive bowl. Whisk in half-and-half, salt, limoncello, and gel coloring until smooth.
- Cover and chill mixture for four hours in the refrigerator.
- Pour chilled ice cream mixture into frozen cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight until firm.
Limoncello: Prevents the ice cream from freezing too firmly. You can also use vodka.
Keywords: Meyer Lemon, Lemon, Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.