Light and lemony Meyer lemon cloud cookies dusted with powdered sugar are perfect for citrus season! You’ll love these soft lemon cookies with coffee or tea. Recipe makes 20 cookies.
The light and lemony pillows practically melt in your mouth and remain tender for days. Dusted with powdered sugar, these cookies are certain to infuse a little sunshine into even the dreariest winter afternoon.
More Meyer lemon recipes to try:Print
Light and lemony Meyer lemon cloud cookies dusted with powdered sugar are perfect for citrus season! You’ll love these soft lemon cookies. Recipe makes 20 cookies.
How to Bake the MOST Decadent Chocolate Desserts
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place Meyer lemon zest and white sugar in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute. Beat lemon-sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add Meyer lemon juice, vanilla and egg; beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Transfer dough to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form 1 1/4″ balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly.
- Bake for 10 t0 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, until golden. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack and dust with powdered sugar while still warm.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Keywords: Meyer Lemon, Lemon, Lemon Cookies, Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.