The BEST Meyer lemon bundt cake for citrus season! You’ll love this bright and buttery lemon cake!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp fresh Meyer lemon zest
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine sugar and Meyer lemon zest in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute; combine with butter in a large mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time; mix in vanilla. Combine buttermilk and Meyer lemon juice in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture), just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles. Bake for 38 to 42 minutes, until cake is golden, springs back to the touch, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; carefully invert onto rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, Meyer lemon zest and juice, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cake and and let set before serving.
Keywords: Meyer Lemon, Lemon, Bundt Cake, Bundt