This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Mascarpone chocolate toffee bars may just be the ultimate dinner party dessert. Utterly indulgent and sophisticated, these beauties are a breeze to make and a nod to the classic English toffee candy: a rich and buttery crust topped with velvety smooth chocolate-mascarpone, roasted almonds, and toffee bits.
With a bit of cookie, a bit of crunch, and plenty of creamy chocolate, these blissful bars are destined to become a classic.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mascarpone, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp roasted almonds, chopped
- 3 Tbsp toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk together melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until combined. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; add to butter mixture and fold in until incorporated. Use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press dough evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, until top and edges are golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- For the topping, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Let chocolate cool for five minutes. Add mascarpone to chocolate 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until mixture is smooth and creamy. Spoon chocolate mixture over cooled crust and smooth with an offset spatula; sprinkle with chopped almonds and toffee bits.
- Cover pan and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours to set topping. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment and place bars on a cutting board; cut into diamonds with a sharp knife. Store leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight; bring to room temperature before serving.
Inspired by Giada De Laurentiis.
- Calories: 206
- Carbohydrates: 22
Keywords: Almond, Chocolate, Mascarpone, Toffee