Maple Pecan Granola
September is a gold-tinged month – the sun bounces golden, warm light across yellowing leaves and straw-colored grass. As much as I try to resist the shifting seasons, I can’t deny the dwindling hours of daylight; the fiery sunsets that edge us toward fall.
How do you cope with change? I find myself snacking on handfuls of granola, seeking comfort and an antidote to time slipping away. It doesn’t hurt that each bite tastes of sweet maple syrup, toasty pecans, and warming cinnamon. If you could bottle up fall and serve it in a bowl, I’m almost certain you’d meet this cozy maple pecan granola. Now this is a change that even I, forever the summer girl, can embrace.
Maple Pecan Granola
- Yield: 7 cups
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole pecans
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 290°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Combine oats, pecans, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla; toss to coat. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until frothy (about 1 minute); add to oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Use an offset spatula to spread mixture into an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then use a large spatula to flip sections of granola. Press back into an even layer, rotate pan, and bake another 15 minutes. When granola is golden and feels dry to the touch, turn off oven and leave pan in oven for another 10 minutes to continue drying.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely (the granola crisps as it cools). When completely cool, break into clusters (if you want to add dried fruit, stir in now). Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrates: 38
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Very, very hard for me to resist granola. This would absolutely be no exception. Looks so delish!