- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3 Tbsp malted milk powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup malted milk balls, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with 1 sheet of parchment paper, allowing 2 inches to hang over each end. Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, malted milk powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking dish and smooth with an offset spatula; tap pan once to remove air bubbles. Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly moist with batter. Cool completely on a wire rack. When brownies are cool, carefully lift parchment to remove from pan and place on a cutting board; trim any uneven edges.
- For the frosting, beat butter, vanilla, and salt in a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in powdered sugar, cocoa, and malt powder. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until blended; increase speed to medium and beat until smooth. Use an offset spatula to spread frosting over brownies and top with malted milk balls; chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set frosting. For clean cuts, pour boiling water over a sharp knife, wipe dry and immediately cut straight down, pulling the knife out, not up. Repeat with each cut.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrates: 31