I’ve never met a blueberry-lemon dessert I haven’t loved (see blueberry lemon bundt cake, blueberry buttermilk pancakes, blueberry-lemon loaf cakes, and the list goes on!), yet these lemon glazed blueberry bites are my current favorite.
Envision soft-batch cream cheese cookies scented with lemon zest and filled with pockets of juicy blueberries, and you’ll come close to these bites. Bursting with fresh blueberries and drizzled with sweet lemon glaze, these cookies are an irresistible taste of summer.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter, cream cheese, and lemon zest in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugars and beat until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Gently fold in blueberries, cover dough, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Spray a medium cookie scoop with nonstick spray and scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough. Place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets and flatten mounds slightly. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 18 to 20 minutes, until edges are lightly golden and tops are set. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cookies and let set before serving.
Baking powder: Use an aluminum-free baking powder to keep cookies from turning blue.
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrates: 16
Keywords: Blueberry, Lemon, Cookies, Blueberry Cookies