Lavender White Chocolate Madeleines
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
I love the elegance and simplicity of madeleines. Buttery and golden, the mini French cakes are infinitely versatile when it comes to flavor options, including everything from citrus to chai spice. Here, the delicate floral aroma of lavender (and a touch of honey!) makes a lovely duo with sweet white chocolate in these lavender white chocolate madeleines.
Lightly scented with lavender and dipped in glossy white chocolate, these madeleines are the ideal treat to pair with afternoon tea or coffee.
Lavender White Chocolate Madeleines
- Yield: 16 madeleines
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried culinary lavender
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 – 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- sprinkles (optional – for topping)
- Combine sugar and lavender in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute until lavender is finely chopped. Transfer lavender sugar to a medium bowl and whisk in flour. Combine eggs, honey, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together until frothy, about 1 minute. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir with a spatula just until combined. Add melted butter and stir in just until incorporated. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator to rest for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter and flour a nonstick madeleine pan. Use a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop (or 2 spoons) to fill molds with a generous tablespoon of batter. Bake for about 13 to 14 minutes, until puffed and golden, and edges spring back to the touch. Remove madeleines from oven and immediately turn out onto a wire rack or clean tea towel to cool completely.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place chopped white chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Dip madeleines in melted chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet; top with sprinkles (if desired). Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set chocolate. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.
Baking pan: Madeleine molds available at Williams Sonoma.
- Calories: 155
- Carbohydrates: 18
Keywords: Lavender, White Chocolate
This recipe is perfect!! Such a fun dessert to make.
Thank you so much, Grace! Your madeleines are so beautiful! 🙂
I love how simply elegant madeleines are, yes! My pan is buried in a box in the basement, but I’m inspired to go dig it out 🙂
What a perfect combination! Madeleines are so lovely, and especially with Lavender!
I just love madeleines and I love baking with lavender. What a treat these are, and so pretty with the purple sprinkles! 🙂
These look so dainty and delicious! I love the combination of lavender and white chocolate, can’t wait to try these out!
I am so overdue for baking up some madeleines, so thanks for reminding me with these beautiful ones. Love the lavender!
I just love madeleines and this is just the prettiest version I’ve ever seen! The white chocolate and sprinkles are such a festive touch too! Can’t wait to make these!
So pretty! And I love the combo of lavender and white chocolate!
I love the combo of lavender and white chocolate! These are so fun and will be great for the weekends parties!
I’d love to wake up to an Easter basket full of these!
I think it’s time to dust off my madeleine pan! I’ve loving these little cakes all decked out in white chocolate and sprinkles!
My mom’s favorite color was purple, any shade, from the palest lavender to deep purple. She would have adored these spring beauties. Your fabulous photos have me wondering where I stashed my madeleine pan. I must find it!
Very pretty, Laura. I hope you manage to squeeze in some quality down time over Easter x
These look heavenly Laura! Madeleines are such a pretty treat. I love the white chocolate and pretty sprinkles!