Bright and tangy key lime pie ice cream sandwiches filled with dairy-free lime ice cream! These frozen treats taste like key lime pie. Recipe yields 24 ice cream sandwiches.
There’s something fun and carefree about turning your favorite desserts into frozen treats, making them portable and all too easy to eat poolside.
If you love homemade key lime pie, you don’t want to miss these sweet-tart key lime pie ice cream sandwiches.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
Lusciously creamy (dairy-free) lime ice cream is sandwiched between honey-graham cookies, a nod to the quintessential graham cracker crust.
Fresh lime zest and juice add just the right amount of citrus love to these refreshing summer bites.Print
If you love key lime pie, you don’t want to miss these sweet-tart, bright and tangy key lime pie ice cream sandwiches. Dairy-free creamy lime ice cream is sandwiched between honey-graham cookies for a delicious summer treat.
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime zest
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cans (3 1/2 cups or 26 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white rum (or vodka)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp dark honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- For the ice cream, place lime zest and sugar in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute; add lime juice and process until blended. Pour mixture into a medium bowl; whisk in coconut milk, salt, and rum until smooth. Cover and chill for 4 hours in the refrigerator, then pour into frozen cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer until firm.
- For the cookies, whisk together flours, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and honey until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Scrape dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a disc; wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 2 sections; working with one section at a time, roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured board. Use a 2 1/4-inch fluted biscuit cutter to cut into circles. Repeat with remaining dough, re-rolling scraps as needed, until you have 48 circles.
- Use a wooden skewer to poke a pattern of holes on half of the circles (these will be your tops). Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle over cookies. Chill cookies on baking sheets in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 7 minutes, until cookies are slightly puffed and edges are firm. Cool for 3 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Freeze cookies in an airtight container for at least one hour.
- To assemble sandwiches, use a small cookie scoop to place a scoop of ice cream between two chilled cookies and press lightly. Place assembled ice cream sandwiches on a baking sheet and cover with plastic; return to the freezer for two hours. Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 7 days. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
The rum prevents the ice cream from freezing too firmly; vodka may be substituted.
Keywords: Lime, Key Lime, Ice Cream Sandwiches
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.