irish cream crumb cake
Crumb cake meets pound cake in this absolute gem of a cake! Richly infused with Irish Cream liqueur and topped with a lavish layer of buttery crumbs, this plush and golden Irish cream crumb cake is absolutely irresistible (translation: this is the cake you carve into thin slivers at midnight, or slice into thick slabs for a late morning snack).
Whether you bake this everyday cake for St. Patrick’s Day or simply on an afternoon whim, I know you’ll find it delicious down to the very last crumb.
Richly infused with Irish Cream liqueur and topped with buttery crumbs, this plush Irish cream crumb cake is absolutely irresistible!
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. For the crumb topping, whisk together sugar, brown sugar, flour, and salt in a small bowl; add melted butter and Irish Cream, and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- For the cake, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in egg, and vanilla. Combine yogurt and Irish Cream in a small bowl. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture, beating just to combine. Add yogurt mixture, then finish with remaining flour mixture.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan (batter will be thick) and smooth with an offset spatula; tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for 55 to 58 minutes, until edges are golden, cake springs back to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Recommended: Place cooling rack over a piece of parchment paper to catch any crumbs that fall off as you remove cake from the pan – simply sprinkle them back on the cake (or eat and enjoy!).
- Calories: 228
- Carbohydrates: 36
Keywords: Irish Cream, Crumb Cake, Loaf Cake