Soft-batch style Irish cream chocolate chip cookies are the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat! With chocolate chips in every bite, you’ll love this easy cookie recipe. Recipe makes 24 cookies.
Let’s step up our cookie game with Irish cream cookies! Pillowy soft with an almost melt-in-your-mouth texture, these are no average cookie.
By swapping some of the butter with softened cream cheese and adding a touch of cornstarch, these cookies bake up thick and puffy (so much so that I like to flatten the mounds of dough substantially before baking for greater uniformity).
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
With a slight tang from the cream cheese, sweet notes of Baileys Irish cream, and plenty of rich chocolate, these are my new favorite chocolate chip cookies.Print
Soft-batch style Irish cream chocolate chip cookies are the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat! With chocolate chips in every bite, you’ll love this recipe. Recipe makes 24 cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugars and beat until creamy. Beat in egg, then add Irish Cream and mix in until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, cover dough, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; spray the back of a measuring cup with nonstick spray and press to flatten mounds of dough slightly. Top with remaining chocolate chips, pressing to adhere.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through, until tops and edges are set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Irish Cream, Chocolate, St. Patrick’s Day
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.