easter cheesecake cookies
Soft and pillowy Easter cheesecake cookies studded with pastel Cadbury mini eggs and dark chocolate Easter M&M’s are perfect for spring!
A touch of cream cheese in the dough pairs beautifully with sweet vanilla, giving these cookies a rich and smooth texture, reminiscent of your favorite cheesecake! You’ll love how these cream cheese cookies practically melt in your mouth (and make the perfect canvas for your favorite Easter candy!).
I incorporated a mix of Cadbury mini eggs and Easter M&M’s into the batter. For a pretty finish, top the cookies with extra M&M’s just before baking – this added touch makes these cookies simply irresistible!
Soft batch Easter cheesecake cookies are perfect for spring! Filled with Cadbury mini eggs and Easter M&M’s, you’ll love this easy Easter cookie recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Easter M&M’s
- 3/4 cup Cadbury mini eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Easter M&M’s
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugars and beat until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (if dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop coated lightly with nonstick spray to form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press mounds to flatten slightly and top with remaining M&M’s, pressing to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 11 to 13 minutes, until tops and edges are set. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Cookie, Cream Cheese, Chocolate, Easter