Cranberry streusel bread makes the best seasonal loaf bread. Studded with cranberries, pure almond extract and fresh orange zest add brightness that contrasts nicely with the jeweled cranberries. With a buttery golden topping and delicious vanilla glaze, this loaf bread reminds me of a cross between cranberry muffins and coffee cake.
Buttery, golden, and delicious down to the last crumb, I love this cranberry bread with coffee as the perfect treat anytime of day.
How to Make Cranberry Streusel Bread
Golden Streusel Topping – Made with sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of cloves, salt, flour, and melted butter, this topping holds together while baking and makes the perfect addition to this bread. Make the topping first, then chill it in the refrigerator while mixing up the cranberry bread.
Cranberry Quick Bread – Flavored with melted butter, pure almond extract, and fresh orange zest, this easy cranberry bread comes together in minutes. Buttermilk and Greek yogurt ensure a moist and tender bread, and plenty of cranberries are a must. Be sure to use an aluminum-free baking powder to prevent the bread from turning blue!
Cranberries – Fresh or frozen cranberries both work in this recipe. If you’re using frozen cranberries, add them straight from the freezer without thawing. Gently fold the cranberries into the batter, just until combined.
Bake – Bake cranberry bread for 60 to 65 minutes, or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely.
Vanilla Glaze – Sweet and buttery, this quick vanilla glaze is made with melted butter, salt, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk. Once the bread is completely cool, drizzle with glaze and let set before slicing and serving.
How to Freeze Cranberry Bread
Cranberry bread freezes very well. Once the bread has fully cooled, use a serrated knife to slice the loaf. Place slices flat on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, individually wrap the slices in plastic wrap and transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
The BEST cranberry streusel bread! This easy cranberry loaf bread features a golden streusel topping and delicious vanilla glaze.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Cranberry Quick Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang around the edges; spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the streusel topping, combine sugars, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and flour in a small bowl. Add melted butter and mix in with a fork until completely incorporated and streusel is crumbly. Chill until ready to use.
- For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside 1 tablespoon of flour mixture to toss with the cranberries. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine melted butter, buttermilk, Greek yogurt, egg, orange zest, and almond extract in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until almost combined. Toss cranberries with reserved flour mixture and gently fold in.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; sprinkle with chilled streusel. Tap pan sharply to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until bread is golden, springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before using the parchment overhang to carefully lift bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over bread and let set before serving.
Baking powder: Use an aluminum-free baking powder to prevent the bread from turning blue
Cranberries: You can use fresh or frozen cranberries in this recipe. If using frozen cranberries, do not thaw before using.
Freeze Cranberry Bread: Once the bread has fully cooled, use a serrated knife to slice the loaf. Place slices flat on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, individually wrap the slices in plastic wrap and transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Cranberry, Streusel, Crumb Topping, Quick Bread, Loaf Bread