cranberry orange shortbread cookies
In some circles, I’m known as the shortbread queen, and December would not be complete without a holiday twist on one of my favorite cookies! These bright and buttery cranberry orange shortbread cookies are a scrumptious taste of the season and a must bake for your holiday cookie platter.
The Best Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
Drizzled with white chocolate and dressed up with gold sprinkles, the sparkling shortbread rounds are utterly impossible to resist. I love these cookies because the fluted rounds hold their shape in the oven and all-butter shortbread infused with fresh orange zest is a match made in cookie heaven!
Bright and buttery cranberry orange shortbread cookies drizzled with white chocolate are a must bake for your holiday cookie platter!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sugar (for sprinkling)
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- gold sprinkles
- Combine sugar and orange zest in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute. Beat butter, orange-sugar, and salt in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until combined. Scrape down bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low and mix in flour just until incorporated and dough begins to come together in large pieces; mix in dried cranberries. Scrape dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap, shape into a disk and wrap well. Chill dough in the refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured board. Use a floured 2 1/2-inch fluted biscuit cutter to cut out cookies. Gather scraps, re-roll, and cut until you have a total of 22 cookies. Place cookies on baking sheets, and chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle cookies with sugar and bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 14 to 16 minutes, until golden and tops and edges are set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place white chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Transfer chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle over cookies. Top with sprinkles and let chocolate set before serving. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Keywords: Cranberry, Orange, White Chocolate, Shortbread Cookies, Holiday Cookies