The BEST cranberry orange muffins drizzled with orange butter glaze!
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp very warm water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp fresh orange zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups; spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray. Combined dried cranberries and warm water in a small bowl; let stand until needed.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk, yogurt, melted butter, egg, vanilla, and orange zest in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost incorporated; fold in dried cranberries.
- Fill each baking cup 2/3 full of batter. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over muffins. Place muffin pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425°F. Reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking 8 to 9 minutes (for a total baking time of 13 to 14 minutes), until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, orange zest, orange juice, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over muffins and and let set before serving.
Keywords: Cranberry, Orange, Muffins, Breakfast