Cranberry orange muffins are perfect for the holidays! Sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and drizzled with sweet orange glaze, these muffins taste like Christmas! Recipe yields 12 bakery-style muffins.
Like me, you’ll be tempted to inhale one steaming hot from the oven. Singed fingertips are a small price to pay for utter breakfast bliss, especially when drizzled with orange butter glaze!
Pro tip: As a timesaver, prep the dry ingredients the night before and Christmas breakfast will be ready in less than 20 minutes.
Best Christmas Cookies
5 Deliciously Festive Holiday Cookie Recipes!
Perfect Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Use fresh orange zest and juice in this recipe for maximum citrus flavor.
- Place dried cranberries in a bowl and add very warm water. Let stand while making the muffin batter to plump up and rehydrate the dried fruit.
- Spray a cookie scoop with nonstick spray and use the scoop to evenly portion out the muffin batter. Fill each baking cup 2/3 full of batter, and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar.
- For bakery-style muffins with perfectly domed tops, start out baking at 425°F for a quick burst of heat (this helps give the muffins a nice lift!). Without opening the oven, reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake another 8 to 10 minutes, until tops are set and a tester comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes in pan before cooling completely on a wire rack.
- To make the orange glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, fresh orange zest, orange juice, and powdered sugar in a small bowl until smooth.
- Once the muffins are fully cooled, drizzle with orange glaze and enjoy!
The BEST cranberry orange muffins drizzled with orange butter glaze! Bakery-style cranberry orange muffins sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and drizzled with orange glaze are perfect for the holidays!
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp very warm water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp fresh orange zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups; spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray.
- Combined dried cranberries and warm water in a small bowl; let stand until needed.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk, yogurt, melted butter, egg, vanilla, and orange zest in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in until almost incorporated; fold in dried cranberries.
- Fill each baking cup 2/3 full of batter. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Place muffin pan in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425°F. Reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking 8 to 9 minutes (for a total baking time of 13 to 14 minutes), until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool.
- For the glaze, whisk together melted butter, salt, orange zest, orange juice, and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over muffins and and let set before serving.
- Store leftover muffins at room temperature overnight, or tightly covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days (rewarm before serving).
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Cranberry, Orange, Muffins, Breakfast
More cranberry orange recipes you’ll love:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.