Studded with chocolate chunks, cookie butter chocolate chunk blondies make the best anytime treat! Enjoy with a glass of milk for blondie bliss!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup cookie butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter, cookie butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold in chocolate chunks. Scrape batter into prepared pan and and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press evenly into pan. Top batter with chocolate chunks, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, until top is set, edges are golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to punch out hearts or cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Blondies, Bars, Cookie Butter, Chocolate, Valentine's Day