cookie butter chocolate chunk blondies
Studded with chocolate chunks, cookie butter chocolate chunk blondies make the best anytime treat!
I’m never not in the mood for a blondie. The buttery golden bars are easily made whenever a whim strikes (the batter is a 10-minute, one-bowl affair), and also easily customized to every impulse. In this instance, cookie butter and chocolate chunks steal the show; cinnamon and nutmeg enhance the cookie butter flavor even further.
Studded with chocolate chunks and cut into hearts (a Valentine’s treat!), these blondies are especially compelling when slightly warm. Think of this recipe as a template for your own whims – dip each blondie in chocolate, swap in peanut butter or Nutella for the cookie butter, add a handful of white chocolate chips or toffee bits, top the bars with flaky sea salt… blondie bliss is well within your reach.
Studded with chocolate chunks, cookie butter chocolate chunk blondies make the best anytime treat! Enjoy with a glass of milk for blondie bliss!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup cookie butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter, cookie butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold in chocolate chunks. Scrape batter into prepared pan and and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press evenly into pan. Top batter with chocolate chunks, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, until top is set, edges are golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to punch out hearts or cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Keywords: Blondies, Bars, Cookie Butter, Chocolate, Valentine's Day