- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp pure coconut extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 2–3 drops pure coconut extract
- 3 Tbsp toasted coconut chips
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Place sugar, toasted coconut, and lime zest in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute. Whisk together coconut-sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine coconut milk and coconut extract; drizzle over flour mixture and fold in just until flour is incorporated and a shaggy dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and turn out on a lightly floured board. Use lightly floured hands to pat each half into a 6-inch circle. Place the two circles of dough on prepared baking sheets and cut each circle into 6 wedges; pull the wedges slightly apart, leaving an inch between them. Chill baking sheets in the freezer for 20 minutes while preheating oven to 425°F.
- Bake for 16 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until tops are set, edges are beginning to turn golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool scones for 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool. For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, salt, lime zest, lime juice, coconut milk, and coconut extract in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over scones and sprinkle with toasted coconut chips.
Make ahead: Cut each circle of dough into wedges on baking sheet; cover and freeze overnight. Brush with coconut milk and bake directly from the freezer, adding 1-2 minutes to baking time. For longer storage, transfer frozen scones to a freezer bag until ready to use.
- Calories: 248
- Carbohydrates: 40
Keywords: Coconut Cream Scones, Cream Scones, Coconut, Breakfast