Classic blueberry galette topped with vanilla ice cream makes the best summer dessert! You’ll love this easy blueberry galette recipe with blueberries baked in flaky pastry. Recipe makes one 10-inch galette.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 to 4 Tbsp ice water
- 1/3 cup flour
- 6 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar (see note below)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Make crust: Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add cubed butter and process for 10 seconds, just until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the food processor running, add 2 tablespoons ice water in a steady stream through feed tube. If needed, add additional ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, and process just until dough holds together in large clumps (no more than 30 seconds). Wrap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month).
- Make topping: Combine flour, oats, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until completely incorporated and large crumbs form. Chill until ready to use.
- Roll dough: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is a 12-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Make filling: Place 1/2 cup blueberries in a large bowl and crush gently with a fork. Add remaining blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Assemble galette: Spoon filling over chilled crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with crumb topping and fold up the pastry border, pressing the edges with a fork to seal. Chill assembled galette for 15 minutes.
- Bake galette: Brush pastry with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake galette for 25 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet. Tent with foil if needed to prevent over-browning. Continue baking another 15 to 20 minutes (for a total baking time of 40 to 45 minutes), or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly. Let cool for 1 hour on a wire rack before slicing and serving (filling thickens as it cools).
- Wrap up leftovers in foil and refrigerate overnight. Re-warm in the oven (325°F) for 15 minutes or until heated through before serving.
Filling: The amount of sugar for the filling depends on the sweetness of the blueberries. If the blueberries are very sweet and flavorful, reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup.
Blueberries: I use and recommend fresh blueberries in this galette. Out of season, you can use frozen blueberries straight from the freezer. Simply toss with the other filling ingredients until combined and proceed with the recipe as directed.
Make ahead: The dough and crumble topping can be made 1-2 days in advance and refrigerated until ready to use. You can also assemble the entire galette in advance, and freeze up to 2 months. When you’re ready to bake, transfer the galette directly from the freezer to the oven and bake as directed.
Keywords: Blueberry, Blueberry Galette, Easy Blueberry Galette, Galette