Classic blueberry galette makes the best summer dessert! You’ll love this easy galette recipe showcasing blueberries baked in flaky, all-butter pastry.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 to 4 Tbsp ice water
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- For the crust, combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add cubed butter and process for 10 seconds, just until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the food processor running, add 2 tablespoons ice water in a steady stream through feed tube. If needed, add additional ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, and process just until dough holds together in large clumps (no more than 30 seconds). Wrap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month).
- For the topping, combine flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until completely incorporated and large crumbs form; fold in sliced almonds. Chill until ready to use.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is a 12-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For the filling, place 1/2 cup blueberries in a large bowl and crush gently with a fork. Add remaining blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Spoon filling over chilled crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with crumb topping and fold up the pastry border, pressing the edges with a fork to seal. Chill assembled galette for 15 minutes.
- Brush pastry with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake galette for 25 minutes, then tent with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Continue baking another 10 to 15 minutes (for a total baking time of 35 to 40 minutes), or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly. Let cool for 1 hour on a wire rack before cutting and serving.
Keywords: Blueberry, Blueberry Galette, Classic Blueberry Galette, Galette