With all the decadence of rich chocolate truffles paired with a press-in cookie crust, this chocolate truffle tart is perfect for the holidays!
- 1 package (8.8 oz) biscoff cookies
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Amaretto (or other liqueur of choice)
- fresh pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For the crust, combine biscoff cookies and salt in a food processor and pulse together to form crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until incorporated. Press mixture tightly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan.
- Bake crust for 20-22 minutes, until deeply golden and set. Cool crust completely on a wire rack.
- For the filling, bring heavy cream almost to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Place chopped chocolate in a glass bowl, and pour half of the warm cream over chocolate and whisk until combined. Add remaining cream and whisk until smooth. Whisk in Amaretto until combined.
- Pour ganache into cooled tart shell and smooth with an offset spatula. Chill tart in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours to set. Just before serving, top with fresh pomegranate arils.
Leftover tart (without the pomegranate aril topping) can be wrapped well and frozen up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature before serving.
Keywords: Chocolate, Truffle, Tart